In partnership with the Energy Training Consortium (ECT) NEF is able to offer the existing ABBE qualifications, the Energy Advice (Home) Certificate and the Energy Advice (Renewable) Award*.
Energy Advice (Home) Certificate QCF Level 3
This qualification was designed for those who wished to to provide energy advice within the home piror to the introduction of training specifically developed to meet the requirements of the Green Deal. Although this course is still available, it is anticipated that most potential delegates would wish to wait until Green Deal Advisor training is available from the ETC in April 2012.
Outline course programme for the Certificate
- 5 days of face to face training (3 days for those already qualified as Domestic Energy Assessors)
- 50 hours + of on line distance learning modules
- On-line RdSAP
- Printed RdSAP Training Manual
- 3 multiple choice exams plus a portfolio and structured interview assessment
Energy Advice (Renewable) Award QCF Level 4
This course has been designed for those who wish to provide advice to householders on Low and Zero Carbon Technologies (LZCT's) and is a natural folllow on to the Energy Advice (Home) Certificate and the (to come) Green Deal Advisor course.
Outline course programme for the Award
- 2 days of face to face training
- 24 hours + of on line distance learning modules
- Portfolio of evidence (there is no exam for this Award) in the form of two Home Energy Audit Reports including appropriate advice on small scale LZTCs.
This qualification has a total learning time of 80 hours and is best suited to those with some prior experience of LZTCs.
Why Choose the Energy Advice Training Consortium?
- Starting a new career?
- A qualified energy assessor?
- An experienced energy adviser?
The Consortium has a wealth of knowledge and experience in the field of energy advice, customer care, assessment and training.
We have developed high quality, reasonably priced, courses with an emphasis on the skills needed to encourage people to take steps to reduce their energy consumption leading to lower fuel bills and reduced carbon emissions.
The courses contain a mixture of face to face and distance learning opportunities created and delivered by our highly experienced trainers.
Courses will be delivered throughout the UK and can be arranged in house if required.
The ETC consists of:
*Alan Pither Ltd is the Approved Centre for the ABBE qualifications associated with the ETCs training courses.
For more details on qualifications offered by the ETC please contact Sandra Hayes.