Can you afford not to implement energy champions training?
'Staff behavioural change could help you reduce energy costs by at least 10% and produce quick returns.'
The Carbon Trust
Overview of our energy champions training
- Background to climate change.
- Policy response (international, UK and local strategies).
- Energy use analysis from a carbon and cost perspective (using data you provide).
- Role and responsibilities of a Energy Champion.
- Engaging with colleagues - key considerations.
- Cost benefit analysis overview.
- Adapting to a changing climate - how will your organisation/service area be affected?
- Eco driving - overview and tips.
- Saving energy in the home - key considerations and tips.
- Microgeneration and available grants.
- Saving water.
- Waste and recycling.
- A typical half-day session would accommodate 20-25 participants and would include activities to both engage participants and capture key issues within the organisation.
ABC... of a climate champion network
- A network of champions across all departments and staff can help unite staff.
- Brimming with knowledge, Energy Champions act as an information point for their colleagues.
- Calculate savings from project ideas put forward via simple cost-benefit analysis.
- Deliver energy-awareness campaigns.
- Evaluate successes and savings, and eliminate a culture of energy waste.
- Feed savings back into new projects and create a sustainable network.
- Generate buy-in from all staff, and kick-start additional projects.
Benefits of our energy champions training to your organisation:
- Flexible training for 20-25 participants, to suit your aims and objectives.
- Optional modules allowing you to tailor the training to your needs.
- Activities to both engage participants and capture key issues within your organisation.
- Training delivered at your premises, saving staff time and expenditure.
- Better informed staff armed with the tips and tools to reduce carbon emissions and help reduce your operating costs.
- Customers seeking greener products or services will value your efforts to reduce climate change.
- Help achieve accreditation (for example, ISO 9001/14001) or roll-out a new initiative.
- Help with your statutory obligations and responsibilities.
- Being 'green' has never had a higher profile and you could be giving your organisation an added edge.