Empowering Energy Champions
The role of the Energy Champion is to promote sustainability and energy efficiency throughout your business and to encourage colleagues to adopt ‘greener’ habits in the workplace and at home. They need to have a passion for the environment, be able to promote environmental awareness, run campaigns and initiatives and be knowledgeable on environmental policies and obligations.
Our half-day course provides enough information and guidance to allow Energy Champions to truly reduce your organisation’s carbon footprint while lowering operational costs.
Core modules include:
- An introduction to human-induced climate change and the carbon cycle.
- Up-to-date policy, legislation and law (international, UK and local strategies).
- Energy use analysis from a carbon and cost perspective (using data you provide, if available).
- Role and responsibilities of an Energy Champion.
- Engaging with colleagues - key considerations to ensure sustainable behaviour change.
- Environmental Management Systems (EMS) and risk management.
- Adapting to a changing climate - how will your organisation/service area be affected?
- Eco driving - overview and tips.
- Saving energy in the home - key considerations and tips.
- Water conservation and pollution prevention.
- Waste hierarchy, reduction and recycling.
A typical half-day session would accommodate up to 25 participants and would include activities to both engage participants and capture key issues within the organisation. Energy Champion training is suitable for workers at all levels and will ensure that energy efficiency is an integral part in your company’s future.
ABC of Energy Champions
- Acknowledge the importance of energy efficiency for financial sustainability
- Base your decisions on up-to-date policy and science.
- Calculate the financial and carbon savings from project ideas via simple cost-benefit analysis.
- Deliver energy-awareness campaigns and initiatives.
- Evaluate successes and eliminate a culture of energy waste.
- Feed savings back into new projects and create long-lasting sustainability.
- Generate buy-in from all staff and grow a network of Energy Champions.
Benefits of our energy champions training to your organisation:
- Flexible training to suit your aims and objectives in relation to your organisation’s CSR or sustainability policies.
- Interactive sessions for up to 25 staff per 3-hour session.
- Optional modules allowing you to tailor the training to your needs.
- Training delivered at your premises, saving staff time and expenditure.
- Better informed staff armed with the tips and tools to reduce carbon emissions and help reduce your operating costs.
- Customers and clients seeking greener products or services will value your efforts to reduce climate change.
- Help achieve accreditation (for example, ISO 9001/14001) or roll-out a new initiative.
- Help with your statutory obligations and responsibilities.
Environmental awareness, energy efficiency and carbon reduction in business is increasingly being seen as a way to reduce costs and become more financially stable. Our Energy Champion training will give your staff the capability and confidence to make a lasting impact on your organisation’s carbon footprint and encourage sustainable behaviour change.