The importance of having an energy policy and strategy
Unlike salaries and accommodation, energy is an overhead where effective ongoing management can:
- Reduce costs.
- Improve internal conditions.
- Provide positive publicity and improve reputation.
- Improve maintenance performance.
- Engage staff.
Concerns over energy prices, security of supplies, the emergence of new legislation and ongoing competitive pressures are compelling many organisations to revisit their approach to managing energy.
Developing and energy policy and strategy
In order to implement an effective approach, the first step is to develop a practical, coherent and holistic energy policy, supported by a clear strategy to deliver it. It's also essential that any policy is designed to reflect an organisation's own cultural and environmental profile and objectives.
A successful energy policy and strategy must be endorsed and adopted at a senior level and carefully embedded into an organisation’s own business systems. This provides the best opportunity for the delivery of a robust, appropriate and prioritised approach. It will also help maximise business efficiency and minimise management costs.
Our energy policy and strategy services
We offer and can provide support with:
- Writing corporate and strategic energy policies.
- Setting global and site specific energy targets.
- Investment planning for energy initiatives.
- Implementation of energy policy initiatives using practical systems and methodologies.
- Specification of monitoring and targeting regimes.
- Staff training and engagement programmes.
We can also advise corporate clients on policy formulation and have the practical skills to help with implementation. Our staff have solid experience of client and contractor roles, so we understand the needs and problems of the key parties involved.