The aims of Buckinghamshire County Council energy champions training:
- Create a toolkit of resources suitable for volunteers in the community to use to encourage local residents to save energy and reduce carbon emissions.
- Provide training to Energy Champions, including how to run resident engagement events (such as film nights, coffee mornings) and projects (including thermal imaging).
- Provide ongoing support to Energy Champions and training for specific projects.
- Be aware of available funding and energy efficiency organisations in Buckinghamshire, and keep the Energy Champions updated.
We provided the following energy champions services:
- Energy efficiency training for Energy Champions.
- The facilitation of public workshops with hand-on props to show how easy it is to be more energy efficient.
Key energy champions outcomes and insights:
- The establishment of an online forum as a central communication point for the Energy Champions.
- The development of light bulb and insulation libraries as resources for the Energy Champions along with energy monitors, a tooklit and an energy-efficient model house.
- Increased awareness of fuel poverty and resource efficiency.
- Increased referrals to income maximisation services and for heating/insulation measures.
- Additional external funding brought into the area.