‘Eco Bicester’ is a new, zero-carbon development being built on the edge of the historic market town of Bicester, and is part of the Government-sponsored ‘Eco-town’ programme. To complement the development, Cherwell District Council wanted to improve the energy performance of existing buildings in the area and allocated funds to retrofit sustainable energy measures to existing dwellings.
The project has since moved into Phase 2, a boiler cashback scheme.
We procured, awarded and monitored - through to completion - the refurbishment works on domestic and non-domestic buildings in the Bicester area.
- Conducting a tender process with contractors of suitable trades and competence to undertake the work identified.
- Providing a framework for decision-making and selection for Cherwell District Council and other stakeholders.
- Appointing the successful contractors and putting in place a recognised construction contract.
- Monitoring the progress of the works through to completion and processing any site instructions, variations, interim payments, etc.
The key outcomes, insights and learnings were:
- 100 Green Deal assessments undertaken.
- 14 domestic and two non-domestic properties received retrofitted sustainable energy measures.
- Cherwell District Council joined Green Deal Together, a consortium of local authorities, to deliver the Green Deal across the district.