Our study estimated carbon emissions and energy consumption of representative house/flat archetypes using accredited SAP software. The outcome was a comprehensive and practical ‘measures matrix’ which has been used by the client to rapidly identify options at the pre-planning stage for individual properties.
The services we provided:
- SAP assessment.
- Code for Sustainable Homes advice.
- Development of a ‘measures matrix’ options tool.
The measures matrix allowed the client to:
- Understand both energy use and carbon emissions, and compare them against benchmarks.
- Assess the potential for energy demand reduction at the planning stage.
- Identify opportunities for suitable renewable energy technologies.
- Understand lifecycle costs prior to the detailed design, to assist the client in identifying optimum design solutions/possible cost savings.